Now that we’re already into the second month of 2012 I think now’s as good a time as any to look back at 2011. Feel free to copy and paste this into your own blog. I nicked it from the wonderful LittleLoftLARGELIFE.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Said yes to a marriage proposal and finished a novel.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly don’t know if I even made any, so who knows.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Monica brought twins into the world – hard work.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My friend’s dad, who we would have loved to have marry us.
5. What countries did you visit?
Oh my gosh! Guys, I went to France – for work – where all I had to do was schmooze and eat!.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More money. There, I said it.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 25. My Wonderful Boyfriend Person of Doom got down on one knee.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Definitely finishing my novel. Now I just need to sell it…
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn’t knuckle down and lose weight. But I’m on that now.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Blegh, I had a root canal, before which I was in utter agony.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don’t care who thinks it’s lame – but, our washing machine.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Moving into a new place and I guess going-out money.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Being a fiancé and starting to plan a wedding.
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Friday Friday Friday – shoot me now.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier, definitely.
– thinner or fatter? A leetle bit thinner.
– richer or poorer? If we’re looking at money in the bank, then poorer.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
My own personal writing.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying, cos yanno, like, what’s the point?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Sharing it with a kid less fortunate than ourselves. So much fun to spoil someone who really needs it.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Ooooh, probably Big Bang Theory. I may have overdosed.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Terry Pratchett’s Snuff and Stieg Larsson’s trilogy.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Oh there was all sorts of bits and pieces.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I watched the Dragon Tattoo films.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32, had tea with my mom at Rhodes Memorial and went out to DecoDance with a few friends.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A little more disposable income.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
On and Off Effort.
26. What kept you sane?
Knowing that my man was always there for me.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
It really is worth waiting, and even though it may not seem like it at first, things eventually do work out.